A Nepal visa is available at Nepalese Embassies and Nepalese Consulates abroad or upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu after presenting a valid passport, 2 copies of passport size photos and payment of the visa fee. Tourists can extend their visas at the Department of Immigration, Maitighar.
For your information people of these countries do not get visa upon arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal:-
1. Nigeria 2. Ghana 3. Zimbabwe 4. Swaziland
5. Cameroon 6. Somalia 7. Liberia 8. Ethiopia
9. Iraq 10. Palestine 11. Afghanistan
All of you are requested to get the arrival/departure stamps on your passport at the entry /exit points to avoid further legal complications.
Children under 10 years need not pay any visa fees and do not need to show any identification. But for students between the ages of 10-18 years, a school or college photo ID card is valid.
Download Visa application form
Entry Procedure and Visa Rules
All visitors must hold valid passports and visa to enter Nepal. The Nepalese Embassies and mission/consulates abroad or on arrival at any entry points or the Immigration offices provide visa upon presenting valid passport, two passport size photographs and payment of visa fees. Tourists can extend their visas at the Department of Immigration, Maitighar, Impact Building, Kathmandu. Entry Visa to Nepal is easily available at International Airport of Nepal or at the following immigration offices in Nepal:
1) Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
2) Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
3) Immigration Office, Birgunj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
4) Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
5) Immigration Office, Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
6) Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
7) Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
8) Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
9) Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point)
Visa Fees and Extensions
Visa must be obtained for staying more than three days. Visa can be extended for those who wish to stay for more than 60 days at the Department of Immigration, Maitighar, Impact Building, Kathmandu. Children under 10 years need not pay any visa fee. Two passport size photographs are essential.
||US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
||US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
||US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
Tourist Visa Extension
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
All foreign visitors are requested to be mindful of the date of Nepalese visa and their passport number to avoid possible problems. As such, you are requested to apply for visa extension, if you wish so, apply within the valid period of Nepalese visa.
Gratis (Free) Visa
Gratis visa for 30 days available only for tourists of SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) countries.
Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal. However, effective from October 2000, Indians citizens are allowed to travel in Nepal on the basis of the following documents:
· Passport, or
· Driving license with photograph, or
· Identity card with photograph issued by a governmental body, or
· Ration card with photograph, or
· Voter identity card with photograph, or
· Registration certificate issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen staying in Nepal, or
· Ad hoc/temporary identity card issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen in the event of exigency, or
· Document with photograph and setting out identity, issued by the sub-divisional magistrate or authority there above.
Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal’s immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent convertible currency.
For further information, please, contact Department of Immigration, Maitighar, Impact Building, Kathmandu, Tel: 00 977-1-4221996 / 4223590 / 4222453 / 4223681/ 4224757, or log on to www.immi.gov.np